Course Syllabus 2010-2011
This course is designed for students to develop and build leadership skills by actively creating and participating in school functions and school improvement as well as taking part in community service and promoting the core principles of Respect, Honor and Success.
Upon completion of the course, students will demonstrate:
- Competence in working and collaborating with fellow leadership class members as well as school peers, teachers and administrators.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute school activities, promotions and school improvement plans.
- Willingness to ask questions, take risks and take responsibility for actions.
- Acceptance and tolerance of others’ ideas and beliefs.
Throughout the semester, there will be a variety of activities and assignments students will be responsible for participating in. These include but are not limited to:
- Pep Assemblies
- Pre-game Rallies
- After Game Dances
- Winter Formal
- Mr. RHS
- ASB Promotion and Sales
- Community service and school improvement projects
Course Expectations and Requirements:
Students are expected to:
- Arrive to class and other scheduled activities ON TIME.
- Actively participate in all scheduled activities.
- Engage in 15 one-hour community service sessions each trimester.
- Engage in 20 school sponsored activities each trimester (i.e. games, dances, plays, etc.).
- Complete personal/committee reflections on activities participated in.
- Complete ASB journals
- Continuously strive to achieve and maintain RESPECT, HONOR AND SUCCESS at all times.
- Uphold the word LEADER! As a member of the class you are setting the standard for the school to follow. Therefore, if you choose to be in this class, there are expectations to be met academically, behaviorally, and morally. Take pride in what you do and stand for . . . others are watching!
As a student in Advanced Leadership, you have many privileges, one of which is the ability to work outside the classroom with the trust of the instructor and administration. This however, is a privilege and will be monitored accordingly. In addition, all students working outside the classroom will be required to wear a lanyard pass at all times. If the hall monitor catches you and writes you up…I will not save you! J
A’s and B’s are earned by thorough completion of quality work. To this end, it is imperative that students complete ALL assignments/projects ON TIME and to the best of their ability. Failure is not an option.
- Community/School Service
- Mandatory Events
- Class Mandatory Events
- Wearing class shirt
- Completion of ASB Journal (Weekly goals, activity report, planning/reflection of events).