Biological “Nature vs. Nurture” Study guide
Gordon Allport, Hans Eyesenck, Robert McCrae and Paul Costa, and Arnold Buss and
Biological bases of behavior content standard #3
- The interaction between biological factors and experience
- Describe concepts in genetic transmission.
- Describe the interactive effects of heredity and environment.
The test is in two parts – the first part is multiple choice and the second part is written.
Part 1 – 25 multiple choice questions
You need to know the following concepts:
- Trait theory
- Role of heredity in traits
- Role of environment in traits
- Extraversion vs. introversion
- Neurotic vs. emotional stability
- Psychoticism vs. impulse control
- Reasons for twin studies
- Criticism of twin studies
Robert McCrae and Paul Costa
Arnold Buss and Robert Plomin
Part 2 –Case study
You need to be able to do three things:
- Big Five factors of personality
- Development of personality
- Nature vs. Nurture argument
The test is on Wednesday, February 14th!
This power point shows trait theorists as well as the impact of twin studies
This power point shows how our biological clocks affect us
This is a personality test